When excessive heat is forecast take precautions early to avoid heat-related illness or death. Those who are sensitive to heat, children and elderly can be particularly at risk when temperatures climb but high heat can impact anyone. Below are a few basic tips to help avoid heat-related illness.
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside
- When possible...reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
- Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location
- Drink plenty of water.
Heat stroke is an emergency - call 9 1 1
For additional information and the locations of Cooling Centers in Riverside County, click here.
For a map of Cooling Centers in Riverside County, click here.
Cooling Centers are coordinated by CAP Riverside.