The certification level appropriate for you should be determined by the role that you may perform in the Department Operations Center (DOC) in the event of a disaster. The level of training needed is determined by your job title. Please download the chart of job titles to determine your certification level or contact us at EMDTraining@rivco.org.
- The Basic Level can be completed in an 8-hour Combined Course. Please check the training calendar or contact us EMDTraining@rivco.org for the next Combined Course date.
- If you cannot take the combined course, the Basic Level can be achieved taking the following:
- SEMS (Standardized Emergency Management System) **To access the training you will need to click on the Browse Training search bar and search for "Standardized Emergency Management System Introduction (SEMS G606) Online Course."
- IS 100 – (Introduction to Incident Command Structure)
- IS-200 – (ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents)
- IS 700 – (NIMS - National Incident Management System)
- DSW Video – (Your role as a disaster service worker)
- Basic level courses
- Basics of Epidemiology & Disease Investigations | PDF Course and Test
- Elective courses (2 courses)
- Basic and intermediate level courses
- ICS-300 (Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents for Operational First Responders)*
- ICS-400 (Advanced ICS for Command and General Staff, Complex Incidents, and MACS)*
- IS 800 – (National Response Plan (NRP)
- Elective course in management (one course in any management subject from an emergency management training provider or university)
* In-person courses